Free Art Day 79
Testing out some fancy "Accent" paints that were donated to the project. The paint came very separated in the container and I wasn't sure what they were exactly, how they would act, and if they were salvageable. It took a while to mix the paint but it went well. I painted some on a blank atc to experience it. I then tested to see if it was water soluble. Despite the separation in the paint it seems to be water based I thinned down the paint and covered a splotch I had started a few days back but couldn't get into. The effect was nice. Next was to see if I could draw on top of it... once it dried. The thinner the paint (more water per part) the faster it dried. Portions of the first test strokes still aren't fully dry. Generally with watercolor and gouache it's the watery area's that take longer to dry.
I drew on top of the splotch and enjoyed the look. As with other water based paints when drawing on top with ink the paint will start to dry out the tip of the pen. I may have burned through a nice pen on this one but I'm okay with that. This is my first reversible card of the second half of the project. Plus with the paint's iridescent quality I could see this as close to a foil card as one could get. It's that special card in the pack your hoping to get, all shiny and rare. Reminds me of the old days when I collected X-men cards.
I added a bit of full on white Accent paint to the background areas for a bit more separation between the foreground and the back. Because of that, this card is still drying. Going to photo it anyway. If I was to name this card I would call it "Ear talking smack. Chin talking back."
Have a great night and thanks for reading!
3/25/2013 09:55:33 am
I would like to be entered into the drawing!! Thank you!! :)
3/25/2013 07:51:55 pm
You are officially entered to win! Good luck! :)
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
When searching for a creature use the specific name or number only for best results.